Friday 2 December 2011

Permatang Nibong and Kubang Semang

In last three days, I had been in my area looking for birds. Since the weather in this area is unpredictable lately, It best to grab each non-raining time of the day to look out for bird.

Some birds I manage to obtain their images:


Black-winged Stilt - Common migrant in this area. It prefer ricefield with opening and contain water as show in this photo.


Two Black-winged Stilt and two Rock Pigeon - as show in this photo, pigeons prefer drier area on ricefield.


Black-winged Stilt flew in flock - that day, a total of 83 individuals present in this area.

Black-winged Stilt is another species I like beside raptors. To me Black-winged Stilt is a pretty bird with pink long legs, white and black plumage and 'innocent' face.


Wood Sandpiper - Common wader species that occur in this area. However, the highest count for now is only 17 birds where in past two migrating season it usually exceeding 100 individuals in this area. Maybe something to do with paddy planting season or flood in Thailand.

Some shot of Resident Birds:


Scaly-breasted Munia - happily on the bund road, they are so common - no matter what paddy season is.


Until this couple ride their EX5 through - Munias had to flew away


And those munia found their space in nearby paddy plot



A White-head Munia is the only different munia present in that flocks


My favorite kingfisher, Stork-billed Kingfisher was around, perched on a tree in area that my fellow Penang Birder refer as Openbill ponds.


Now it aware of my presence - Although Stork-billed Kingfisher is a resident bird, it can be consider uncommon in this area as it preferred habitat is the vegetation along the nearby river


Black-naped Oriole - When I saw this bird in my locality, it make me remember Pulau Tengah, Johor. I admit that miss the island and person work with me on the island. 

After birding today, I went to my favorite burger stall situated in Penanti - a small town nearby. Here is my favorite burger stall:


 Burger Boy: This is the best burger You can get in Mainland Penang or maybe in whole Penang. The menu itself need 3 banner to fit in, burger ranging from burger, hot dog and oblong (and some weird type). They serve beef, chicken, mutton, venison, ostrich and fish burger. My favorite are mutton oblong, one feet hotdog (footlong) and hot dog with cheese. This is an absolutely must try if someone visit my area. Their business operation is from 1800 to 0400 in the morning.

That's all for this post. Jumpa Lagi



No comments: