Wednesday 21 March 2012

Backyard birding 20/3/2012


In my village, I use to hang around at my friend backyard's, where they had build a nice sheltered hut. Under the shelter, me and friends use to hang around chit-chatting and play chequer. Last saturday, when I was there, I heard the call of Bee-eaters and saw about 4 Accipiter fly toward North direction. The under growth in that area look nice, had potential for good bird. So today decide to take my bins and camera whenever I've been there. 

The view from inside 


The swampy pond just below the hut: It just a small pond but you can get a lot of eel here. 


Black-naped Oriole - usually visiting the hut to feed on a fruiting tree. 

Yellow Vented Bulbul - The commonest bird around. 


Little Green Heron - Resting on a rotting branch that give a good condition for this bird to camouflage.
No sign of any migration today at the backyard - no Bee-eaters call and not a single raptor was seen. Thus the observation will be continue...













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure would want to go to your hut one of this days, don't 4get our pool or snooker appointement!
Choo Eng.